The Krafla area is one of the most interesting areas by Lake Mývatn. This is where the tectonic plates meet and is therefore a hotbed of seismic activity.
There you can see:
- The latest eruption site in the Mývatn area where it last erupted in 1984
- Red, black, grey, blue and white lavaRed, black, grey, blue and white lava.
- A beautiful geothermal area.
- A great variety of interesting rare geothermal phenomena.
- Leirhnjúkur and Krafla Volcano
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 12 years|
What is included
Transportation from departure location to Krafla and back again after tour.In winter snowshoes and hiking poles are included.
Hiking boots, warm clothes, food and drinks.
Krafla volcano area, Krafla power plant, Leirhnjúkur volcano, craters, fissures, basic geology of the area.In winter: snowshoeing.